Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Cecil Sagas and Alfalfa Allergy

I've discovered I'm allergic to alfalfa.  Hay is somewhat scarce this time of year as we await the first cut of spring, and particularly because of the drought in our area.  I've found a source for hay other than my usual supplier (who I still adore and will continue to use as long as he is selling his fabulous timothy!), and this new hay has a percentage of alfalfa in it.  I've never had trouble with allergies to hay before, but there is nothing else I can blame this one on...  I lean over to pick up a flake of hay, and immediately my head fills, my throat feels narrow, and my nose starts to drip.  Then the coughing and sneezing.  I don't feel better until I've changed clothes, and preferably showered.  My poor sweet husband, who lives through this constantly with the timothy I usually feed! 

On a happier note, we are excited to be attending a schooling show at Triple Creek Ranch in Longmont this weekend.  It will be the debut performance in western dressage for both Kildee the AQHA mare and Billy the AQHA gelding!  Cecil, my main squeeze, will be schooling his dressage test with me in preparation for the eventing derby at the end of April.  The weather should be beautiful, and we're hoping for enough sun to wash the winter hair off!

Cecil LOVES to travel, and LOVES horse shows.  I have not met too many horses who truly enjoy field trips, but Cecil sure does.  If he knows there is a space in the trailer he is RIGHT THERE at the gate, STARING at us until we put him in the trailer.  Once at the show he often stands, (posing for his close-up perhaps?) head up, assessing the situation and acknowledging his adoring public.  When we haul to a trail head for a ride in the open space he always looks a bit disappointed that there is no paparazzi.  This weekend will be right up his alley.  He even had a phenomenal ride this evening, light on his feet, soft in his halt/canter transitions while working only off of my seat.  He says he is ready to start the season!

puh-leeese!

No comments:

Post a Comment