Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Monday, July 31, 2017

Highboy Jumping

Highboy was feeling desperate again today as he waited his turn watching me take out the other horses to ride and jump.  Highboy stood attentively at the fence or at his gate, staring deep into my soul and shouting, "Pick me!  Pick me!  I'm READY!"

Of course I had to pull him out and take him for a spin through the grids.  The distances were set for the normal-sized horses and it was very awkward for him to get his big body through it, but crummy distances didn't quell his enthusiasm for leaping over obstacles.  He just left out entire strides.




I look at photos like these where he takes off from such a long spot, and I ponder how well he might have done as a steeplechase horse.  Since running on the flat wasn't his thing, maybe he would have been a great steeplechaser?

He got a little frustrated with the corner jump I'd set up, and the challenging distance it presented.  He resolved it by leaping over, then kicking in the air.






His videos can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqLgSyOmHl8&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXEQZ6bAvi0

No comments:

Post a Comment