Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Smiley Jumping

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
Mahatma Gandhi


Today I wore the biggest smile I've enjoyed in a long time.  I was jumping Highboy, my favorite thing to do, after nearly a week of sleeping and feeling terrible.  Since the head injury nearly ten years ago, I have several brain chemistry medications I must take regularly in order to function.  With insurance changing because of my husband's recent job switch I haven't been able to take them like I'm supposed to.  Fortunately we do HAVE health insurance through my husband's employer, and I am now able to take the medications as directed by my physician.  I am feeling immeasurably better.  I decided to celebrate my newfound energy with jumping Highboy this morning, and Jasi captured it in photographs.







Highboy had a great time jumping, and enjoyed his touchdown celebrations after he finished jumping through the grid.




What can I do but laugh?  He really enjoys his escapades and I enjoy riding him.



We did have some awkward jumps over the oxer with the barrels in the beginning.  The distance wasn't set quite right when we started through (much shorter horses had been doing it yesterday), and Highboy tried to run out a few times.  I corrected this by halting him as soon as I knew he was going off course, backing him up to where he had veered, then sending him forward over the fence.  I've taught Highboy how to jump very large fences even out of a walk, so it's not a problem for him to clear 3' or so from a springy walk or easy jog.  I had the ground crew (bless the ground crew!) alter the distance so it would ride better, and then Highboy did just fine.






No comments:

Post a Comment