Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

High Centered in the Pond

The storm has come and gone, leaving behind gigantic snowdrifts and bare ground. Miles, my 3 legged border collie, has gotten high centered a couple times, but managed to emerge relatively unscathed. I myself got high centered in my attempt to walk out to the west pasture ponies. It looked like level ground, but when I planted my foot I seriously planted it into a mid-thigh deep snow drift, I had walked directly into the depression from one of the ponds! It took some finagling to get myself out because suddenly wherever I placed my unstuck foot the drift was equally treacherous.  I considered just lying down to make a snow angel instead, but I persevered and was able to free myself while simultaneously gaining a greater appreciation for Miles' challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment