Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Monday, December 8, 2014

Work Day

I've been having some health problems, nerve pain in my left leg mostly, so I was thrilled when the medications all started working today and I was able to get some work done outside!  I worked a few horses and went to the back pasture to let Billy the quarter horse check out the new logs.  His owner came with me riding her seasoned arabian trail gelding, and we took Miles and Mahzi the dogs with us, too.  It was good that we did, because those logs lurking ominously were new since they had last ridden out there, and boy were they scary!  Fortunately this is an old scenario for Miles.  I called him from a little ways away from us, and said, "get in front, I need you by those logs".  Miles came over right away, and hopped over to the logs.  Since he just has three legs he couldn't really climb on top of them, but he showed Mahzi what to do.  The horses saw the dogs approach the logs and the funny shadows, and then the dogs didn't get eaten by the logs, so the horses figured maybe it wasn't so dangerous after all.  Mahzi was great, she climbed up onto the logs and walked around to show the horses it was ok, and when my horse, Billy, got brave enough to go up to the logs and bite them, Mahzi came over and climbed up too, to rub her head against Billy's.  That dog is awesome.  She's figuring out her job as a horse-training dog thanks to Miles' tutoring, and she's gotten fit and can run with me all day now.  Plus, she will work for food.




Mahzi says, "Come on, Billy, just be brave and follow me!"







No comments:

Post a Comment