Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Dewey Sporting the Braided Tail Bag

Dewey is now sporting the braided tail bag. I like to do this over the winter when they don't need their tails for fly control, it keeps them from rubbing it out on fencing and keeps their buddies from ripping pieces out when they are wrestling.

He has to wear a halter so he doesn't wander during the tail bagging process. Highboy's halter is too big for him, but I'm still waiting for Dewey's halter to arrive.

First I tie the top of the bag around the bottom of his dock (the bone in his tail). You don't want pressure on the tail bone because you can actually damage it by tying something around it and cutting off circulation. There are three tubes of fabric hanging down.

Then I put a 1/3 section of tail into each bag by using a little wire tool that I push through the tube, hook the tail hair, and pull the hair into the tube.


Then I braid the tubes as tight as I can to keep them secure.  Since the hair is protected inside I can do a really firm braid without damaging the hair. I put some elastics on the end of the braid and voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment