Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Beginnings of the Cross-Country Course

We took some photos this weekend out in the back forty.  It was extra special because I have found a source for getting giant logs (and some smaller logs, too) for cross-country fences to make a course in the back pasture.  The logs are a variety of sizes and shapes, from simple long 12" diameter smooth logs to trees with the bark still on that are 4' high on their sides.  We'll be able to have a superb jumping course to accommodate a variety of difficulty levels when I'm done.  The first load of logs arrived this week, with several more loads to come, then we'll get the skidsteer out to move the jumps into position.  I'm thinking about course planning with each ride I take out there now!  After I get the jump course established, my next plans for that field are to incorporate some natural obstacles for an extreme trail course we can school on as well, like big bridges, stairs, a pedestal, those kinds of things.

This is a photo of the kids, sitting on some of my great new logs!







 I got this shot of the house on the way back after our photos
 We have had amazing clear evenings with the moon rising out of the field.


We also seized the moment and had our friend snap a couple photos of us, since there are so few pictures of me without a helmet on and Owen when he's not running in a race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment