Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Full or Empty Saturday?

This week I got about 20 tons of hay delivered (that is 40,000 lbs for those not well versed in tonnage).  Fortunately my fabulous hay guy brought his loader and was able to unload the semi-trailer full of big round bales and then stack them neatly for me.  Then yesterday my go-to tractor guy came out to our place and moved the footing in the indoor arena for me, so now I essentially have a 100' x 200' arena with sand footing 3-4" deep all around, folks! No more of the hard pack on one half and 8" deep on the other!  Half of the arena is covered, half of it is outdoor.  Last night I went with my working student in training (she's 10) to Cheyenne to an absolutely gigantic store to purchase some panels of privacy fencing.  We got it loaded in my trailer and brought it home.  The north side of the outdoor arena needed some kind of wind-break fencing to keep my newly moved sand from blowing away in case we have significant wind.

So this morning I got up and looked at my planner, and discovering that I was not at the horse show I'd considered, I realized I had an empty day ahead of me!  So I worked horses, taught a jumping lesson in our newly leveled sand arena, rode the back forty to school the running walk on the gaited horse, then put up about 45' of privacy fence for blocking the wind to make sure the sand footing stays where it's supposed to.  Now I'm tired. That's what happens when I wake up and say, "I don't have a horse show today and there's nothing scheduled!"  I might need to reconsider what it means to have an "empty day".

No comments:

Post a Comment