Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Arctic Blast in a Mini Skirt

The weather is turning on us.  Yesterday we had sustained winds in the 40s with gusts to 80 mph.  In the next few days the forecast has us anticipating highs in the single digits and lows around -10.  (And prior to today they were talking about windchill to -36!)  At this point I told the horses that blankets are no longer optional.  

So I went out to blanket everyone this afternoon in preparation for the siberian cold front only to discover that I think Highboy has grown... When I got him I purchased blankets in the size he measured, plus a couple inches to account for gaining weight, and they all fit him generously at the time I bought them. However, he currently looks like he's wearing a mini skirt in preparation for this arctic blast.  Guess I need to re-measure and keep an eye on the holiday horse blanket sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment