Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Throwback Thursday - Digger

This is Kim riding Digger, or "Hot Diggerty Dog" at a show in WA state about 1996.  He was given his registered name over a pizza and one too many beers.  He was a character.  His owner purchased him when he was a weanling, though she didn't know too much about horses.  He grew up to be one of the slowest moving horses I've ever worked with, and I started with him when he was 4 years old.  He was built to be an english horse, leggy and dark, but he surely wanted to mosey.  I trained and competed him at local open shows for his owner in hunter under saddle classes.  When I think of slow horses, I think of Cole, Digger, and a mustang named Coco.  All smart, all uninterested in speed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment