Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Silver's Second Jump School

The arena was a little drier today so I was able to do some more gymnastic schooling with Silver.  He doesn't have much experience over fences, but he's super game to try anything I ask him. 

Using the poles to help him figure out from where he should take off, I was able to start him over the gymnastic with a cross-rail.


You can see him scrambling a little to figure it out, but it doesn't take many repetitions before he's confidently approaching the jump and hopping right over.  After that I had my jump crew raise the fence to 2'6" to see how he handled it.  Once he figured out that it was higher - no problem!





We also did a very basic course of cross rails to help him settle between fences and stay calm and confident, as well as help him realize he needs to use his butt to keep his balance.


He was such a good guy, and I'm really enjoying him.  Onward and upward!



No comments:

Post a Comment