Here's the list of classes in which Lynx is entered for Nationals next week. The other trainers in the ReBrand Initiative Trainer's Challenge have also shared their classes, and some of us will be in the same classes/divisions! It's so exciting to see these horses having made so much progress. It says a great deal about the Standardbred breed that they can so easily adapt from harness racing to being riding horses in such a short time!
Some things I've discovered about Standardbreds through this process is that so many of these horses have the athleticism of a thoroughbred, the brain of a quarter horse, and the gaits and body of a warmblood. I'm confidently predicting once word gets out that this is the ideal adult amateur mount, it's going to be hard to keep them in the barn. They will be in demand. They will likely start taking the sporthorse world by storm as the majority of folks are looking for something steady, safe, athletic, with a good sensible mind.
They come in all sizes and colors, and so many are truly sound coming off the track because harness racing isn't the same kind of pounding on them as the galloping racing thoroughbreds does. Once started under saddle and balanced in regular gaits they will be appropriate for a wide variety of riders.
Additionally, starting them under saddle is very straightforward and their good temperaments absolutely lend them to being wonderful uncomplicated prospects. I'm anticipating that I'll have quite a few coming through the Bit of Honey Training program in the near future. While my personal horses will likely continue to be OTTBs, I recognize that it's a more specialized rider who enjoys a thoroughbred and the skill set they require. Standardbreds fill the niche space between thoroughbreds and warmbloods that so many adult amateurs are searching for!
If you'd like to get on the wait list to be considered as a future home for one of the Standardbreds that will be getting a Bit of Honey Training education, reach out to BitOfHoneyTraining@gmail.com.
I also am starting to fill the waitlist for owners wanting to get their Stb started under saddle before advertising to a non-racing home, and folks interested in this can contact the same email.
I feel so fortunate to have been able to work with with MMXX Standardbreds on this training project with Lynx. It will be such fun to finally meet everyone in person at the show this week, and I love the graphic they shared of the MMXX Nationals team!
It's fun to be part of another team after having run the Bit of Honey Training crew for so many years. Onward to Nationals!


No comments:
Post a Comment