Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Midnight Misadventures

This morning I went out to feed and discovered Highboy had jumped the hay feeder to enter the neighboring paddock, probably so he could play with the mares, Rain and Dancer. That’s one of the hazards of training my horses to jump at liberty- they sometimes decide to do it without me.

Unfortunately it didn’t work out exactly as Highboy had planned. I found him standing in the corner politely asking if he could go eat some hay... It looked like the girls had schooled him pretty thoroughly in manners!

He very deferentially walked with me back to his own pen while Dancer gave him a crusty look. I suspect he won’t repeat this endeavor simply because playing with the mares was not as fun as he had anticipated when he conceived his grand plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment