Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Saturday Jumps

Saturday was a full day of rides here!  I was able to get on Highboy, Tao, and Raven, and all three had some fun jumping around the arena.



Here is some video of the angled gymnastic line we've been practicing.
https://youtu.be/b4TAHB9F4nA
It's a tricky task because it's an optical illusion.  You can jump the fences individually and go at them straight so the horse's body is perpendicular to the jump, or you can jump all five in a row, but you have to do it in a straight line and take the fences at an angle.


Jasi also rode Beauty and had a fantastic jump school with her.  I took my new camera (got it for my birthday) to the arena and captured some fun photos.






I like this one because you can see how balanced Jasi is on landing.  If I were to erase the horse out of the photograph, Jasi would still look like she's standing on the ground because she landed with her feet underneath her and her body balanced over them.





https://youtu.be/UC4BSkKb8mQ

No comments:

Post a Comment