Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Fason Gets Out to Play


This morning Fason came out to play!  He has been spending his time in his large paddock with a hill, sometimes with Tao the haflinger for company and sometimes with just Highboy over the fence for lip wrestling entertainment.  Fason has had quite the series of treatments to help with his sacroiliac pain, and I suspect I may have even overdone it by removing too many of his compensating patterns too quickly.  Fortunately he seems to be doing very well now and the current challenge is getting him acclimated to his newly functioning body.


After grooming him and discovering he had no body soreness at all (hooray!) I took Fason to the arena and let him play a little on the lunge line.  My working student is quick with a camera and captured some of his frolicking.  I swear this horse does not know how to take a bad picture, and every time he would circle me on the line he would shoot Jasi a look that said, "Hey, just watch THIS!"


I love these photos of him playing and feeling good, seeing him really sit and then jump in the air tells me he is using his muscling much differently than when he arrived.


Fason is at a great weight, even to the point where I can affectionately call him a "fat thoroughbred" because it takes such careful effort on my part to get these guys to ideal body condition.


Lest anyone think he is a hot head, Jasi did also get a great number of photos of him being very sedate and well behaved.  He likes to think through things, especially the bridge in the arena.




I love the photos of me and my dogs working with Fason, they capture perfectly a typical morning here at Bit of Honey Training.





2 comments:

  1. He looks great! Very cute pictures of you with him - such feeling in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I sure love this work, the OTTBs are so expressive and fun to train.

      Delete