Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Touch A Prince and the Snow Ride

I took Touch A Prince out to the back fields to ride in the snow with Mahzi the dog.  It was really cold, so I put a quarter sheet the Bit of Honey colors of black and yellow on his haunches for the ride.  I just tacked him up and climbed on, and he calmly rode out to the back with me and Mahzi.  He balked a little at going to the farthest pasture, since his friends were calling to him from the barn and he really would have preferred to go back to them.  I didn't argue with him, I just insisted that he keep going away from the barn and he finally acquiesced after trying to persuade me for a minute or two to turn around.  We had a nice ride walking around in the beautiful fresh snow, and when my ears started to get cold we headed back to the barn and I put him away in his blanket.  It's wonderful to have a horse who is game to just go for casual rides like this with me and my dog.




1 comment:

  1. Oh you have one of those stripy quarter sheets! I have always wanted one of those, and I'm so glad that Satch got one!!!! He is an AMAZING guy out there on an adventure- since that was our life. We lived by the bootstrap, just did what came next. He's always game on for something new!

    ReplyDelete