Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Monday, December 14, 2015

Dancer Returns!

I met Dancer when she was a yearling and I was starting horses under saddle for Legend Trail Ranch.  When Dancer was old enough I put her under saddle, and then I showed her at training level dressage.  She was a very successful dressage horse, she not only had the movement to win in the arena, but had the brain to trail ride, do some jumping, and we successfully did some ranch sorting in Wellington as well.  I sold her to my hay guy, who used her for ranch work for about five years.  She went to brandings, rode out to check fence and gather cattle, and learned how to be a good using horse in Wyoming.

I now have two clients who are just the nicest couple, and they have been taking lessons with me for about a year in preparation for horse ownership.  They have a ranch and cattle, and want to trail ride as well.  The timing is just right, my hay guy just hasn't been using Dancer as much recently, and my clients are ready to purchase horses.  Because in the beginning I did all Dancer's training, I know she has the background and knowledge to be a lovely mount for my client.  She just needs some refresher rides and she'll be ready to rock and roll.  This past weekend Dancer returned to Bit of Honey, and I'm delighted to have her back!

Here are a couple photos of Dancer with Alex.  I think they might be in love already.



I rode Dancer this afternoon for the first time in years, and that mare remembers everything.  She's a little rusty on lunging and leads, but she hasn't really had to do that kind of work for some time.  When I got on she very quickly remembered all her old training, and we had a really nice ride.  I had her in just the hackamore because she needs her teeth floated, but she rode beautifully.  I especially love her big swingy round trot.  She has a mighty good looking face, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment