Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Saturday, November 1, 2014

New Facilities Photos

I got some good photos this morning after the dogs and I got all the horses fed, the light was really nice and I was pleased with how they turned out!

To start with we have the arena, 100'x200', with half of it covered.  There is 3-4" of sand footing throughout, and stadium jumps in addition to the barrels, tires, and other trail obstacles.  This week my working student and I got the windbreak up for the outdoor portion of the arena.



The round pen is 100' diameter, with its own mounting block and significant sand footing.  The walls are solid except for the two gates.


The barn is on the right with the horse trailer in front, and half of my year's supply of hay is stacked as big round bales that are served as an all-day-buffet to the hard keepers who live here.  The other half of the year's supply will be small square bales.  This is the finest timothy hay you can get in the country.  It comes from Elk Mountain, WY, and is the same hay that is shipped and fed at the big racetracks back east including Churchill Downs, as well as the big show barns in Ocala, FL. 

The back side of the barn consists of an overhang to shelter the horses from inclement weather, with large run-out paddocks.  All the fencing is wood and metal panels.

Come join us anytime, we'd love to give you the full tour!

1 comment:

  1. Just had my first full lesson out here today (Nov 4th Election Day!) and it was wonderful. The arena was great and gave my guy a good work out. We cooled down my riding the back 40... yeah! Kim and Owen your new home is beautiful and thank you for sharing. Carol, Shiloh and Shambhu!

    ReplyDelete