Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Friday, September 26, 2014

Arapahoe Hunt Pair Pace at Plum Creek Hollow

Last weekend I rode with some friends in the pair pace in Larkspur that was a fundraiser and interest-generator for the Arapahoe Hunt.  A pair pace is basically a fast trail ride where you ride with up to 3 other people as a team and go over jumps in a competition to finish the course as close to the optimum time as possible.  This course was wonderful with good footing, friendly jumps and helpful volunteers running the event.

We started by assembling our costumes, we were disguised as racehorses.  The Arabian was #1 in blue, the Hanovarian warmblood was #2 in pink, and I was on the Friesian cross as #3 in yellow.  They were particularly charming costumes since none of our horses had ever been on the track.











Obie was a machine, while he was a little jazzed up in the warm-up after he galloped a bit and jumped a couple fences he settled right in to his job and acted like he does this every weekend.













Obie's big hair after I removed his braid (I struggle with keeping my reins from getting tangled when the horse has THIS much hair - so I braid him when I ride him)

After the pair pace was over they did a presentation of the hounds.  It was interesting to see this done in Colorado compared to where I grew up in New England and then went to hunts my first year of college in Virginia.  Very relaxed atmosphere here, and such a friendly group.



No comments:

Post a Comment