Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Friday, May 23, 2014

Shambhu Trots

Today I hauled a few horses over to my neighbor's to work in her sand arena that drains faster than mine.  Shambhu was one of the horses and he did great!  He started out a bit tense and worried that the saddle might hurt (because for a long time it did from his injury).  I walked him around while riding and then he realized that he didn't hurt after all!  We actually picked up a little trot and he started that tense with his head high and taking tiny quick steps.  However, after a lap or so he realized that he could swing his back and take longer steps with his hind legs,  He started to breathe more deeply, then began dropping his head to really lengthen out and stretch his back.  It was the nicest trot I've ever gotten from him, including prior to the injury.  It's so satisfying that he can come back from such a significant injury and feel better than he did even before getting hurt!



1 comment:

  1. Kim, this is the best I have ever seen my boy! Thank you! Carol

    ReplyDelete