Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Horse Expo Prep and Cecil Sagas

Today was incredibly busy!  We have to seize nice weather every chance we get it this time of year.  In preparation for teaching my jumping sessions at Rocky Mountain Horse Expo  I started with a saddle fitting ride with Kildee (who is still for sale and will be coming to Expo with us, her ad can be viewed on Dreamhorse.  She will be taking appointments and showing off while in Denver.)   

Cole got a thorough grooming, resulting in white hair carpet at the hitchrail, a jumping ride, and then a bath, much to his chagrin.

Garmin got cleaned up and fitted with a brand new grazing muzzle.  He wasn't sure about it, but when he realized the hole in the bottom is the perfect size for cookies he no longer had objections.

Darby and Joan had a riding lesson and did fabulously, they are coming along well with increasing Darb's engagement and swinging through his topline using transitions. 

I cleaned some tack in preparation for our travels this coming week, and Cecil began to call from his paddock.  All day I had been putting him off, telling him "I see you, I hear you, I won't forget!"  He really wanted to come out and ride, and was feeling very ignored.  When I finally got to a point where I could go get him, I stood in the gate and called him.  Normally my horses come to me when I call them by name.  Cecil just stood at the water trough.  I called him again, and he just stared at me.  Clear as anything, he was saying, "I hear you.  I see you."  And still he stood, not coming, giving me a dose of my own medicine.  Finally I used my hand signal and asked him again to come to me, which caused his roommate to approach me, thinking it was now his turn to come out and play.  Cecil noticed this attempt to usurp his ride, and THEN he hustled over saying, "well, I didn't mean I didn't WANT to come out, I just was trying to let you know what it's like to be put off."


No comments:

Post a Comment