Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

OOOOOKLAHOMA!


Fason has arrived safe and sound at my friend Carrie's place in Oklahoma!  He looks tired in his photos - which makes sense after he has done two days of traveling.  My friend Laura who took him from the track in Kentucky to Carrie's place in Oklahoma said he is "...a sweetheart, no problem, huge doll baby.  He has a little bit of cockiness to him but he's mindful."  These are all things I love to hear, since I want a horse who is confident and cocky for cross country jumping, and respectful when being handled.  

He will be hanging out in Carrie's round pen while I drive out there tomorrow with Sara to pick him up.  We will take Friday to rest and visit with Carrie, and then drive home with Fason Saturday and Sunday.  I have arranged for us to stay at a horse motel about halfway home, so that should break up the drive some.  I'm so grateful for Carrie being willing to keep him so he can rest for a few days before I ask him to climb back in the trailer and travel the rest of the way to Colorado. 


Thank you to my sweet husband who is holding down the fort back at home, feeding and taking care of the remainder of the herd.  I'm also feeling grateful for the acupuncture treatments which have enabled me to make a trip like this, and made it so I'll be able to train and compete a horse of this caliber.  I plan to get the best of this nerve pain yet.  Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment