Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Bit of Honey Grand Re-Opening

Saturday was the Grand Re-Opening for Bit of Honey Training.  We've been in the new location in Wellington, Colorado since September 2014, and the weather has finally cooperated enough that we could throw a great big party to celebrate being in the new place!


I started setting up in the morning with the help of two of the kids who help out around the barn.  We hung the Bit of Honey banner over the barn entrance, we set up the display table with the promotional materials like the blog books and canvas photos, as well as setting up the anatomy table in the barn to display the skeletons I use when teaching.


Dewey was in the stall in the barn waiting for his adoring public to arrive.  I wanted the stall to look inviting and nice, so I gave him an extra bag of clean shavings, which he LOVED.  He spent most of the morning lying down in the deep bedding, and even took a second nap while a large group of people were here.  He is a wonderful example of just how relaxed a Thoroughbred can be.  He does love fresh shavings.

Two of my friends whose horses live here took care of providing the food.  It was a spectacular spread.  I even overheard people commenting on how I went all out by getting the event catered.  We ate phenomenal spinach dip, little roll-up sandwiches, fruit salad, as well as chips and beverages. 

I displayed the Bit of Honey apparel that I still have in stock, the long sleeve technical shirts, polo shirts, t-shirts, and fleeces.  Most of it is suitable for layering in winter weather, so not terribly appealing in the 80 degree weather we experienced on Saturday.  I was happy to take the heat rather than the record breaking rain and wind we had a few weeks ago which caused me to move the date to this weekend.


I had posters on the barn wall dedicated to several of the horses.  Highboy had a poster, as did Garmin and Monty.  These are the posters that I put on their stalls when we travel to competitions and expos.  The posters give a little background information on each horse, with a surplus of photos.

 My veterinarian came to meet people and network, as well as represent the rehabilitation side of Bit of Honey Training.  I also had my friend Rebecca Coatney of RCoatneyArt come with a bunch of her paintings on display.  She set up her easel and painted while the event was going on, which was really fun to watch.  The event went from 1-4pm, and we had a huge turnout.  Many old friends came to congratulate us on the new place, several new clients came to participate in the fun, and some people I'd never met before attended to find out more about Bit of Honey.







Highboy was turned out with the gelding herd to play for the day, and I got some fun video of his shenanigans.  The video can be seen at:

https://www.facebook.com/kim.leonard.100/videos/10206923123334047/?pnref=story


Several times during the afternoon I paused and looked at the throngs of people perusing the barn, meeting the Thoroughbreds, or touring the arenas.  I felt amazed and honored that so many people have followed and joined in my journey to develop Bit of Honey and to make it what it is today.  I've been extremely fortunate to have a supportive group of wonderful people backing me throughout this process.  Overall a huge success.

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing and I am so proud of you. I wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the re-opening was such a success!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the re-opening was such a success!!

    ReplyDelete