Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Monday, November 8, 2021

Dewey Back in His Saddle

I've been trying various saddles on Dewey as he's gained significant weight this fall after being treated for ulcers, so much that his regular dressage and jumping saddles weren't fitting him right anymore.  I do happen to own a saddle he wore with a half pad several years ago, and happily when I rode him in it today he went really well!  His tail was swinging, he took long steps with his hind end, he was lifting his back and reaching forwards and down with his head.




 



When I am doing saddle fittings with a horse, I usually ride with very loose reins so that the horse can use his body however he needs to with that tack.  If on a loose rein the horse is still braced and tense, I know there's something amiss.  Today, from the very beginning of the ride Dewey was taking deep breaths and blowing his nose, with swinging in his back and stretching.  Victory!

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whn9v1qXP6Y



No comments:

Post a Comment