Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Round Pen Fun

Sometimes it's good to get away from the structured training regimen and just take the horses to the round pen to play and free jump.  Today the wind got strong unexpectedly and so I wasn't able to ride my last two horses, Silver and Ferriana.  Instead, I took them to the round pen to do a little free jumping.

I start all my horses over fences at liberty, so that they learn how to use their bodies correctly at the beginning.  Then once I'm riding them over jumps they know what to do when I stay out of their way.  I haven't worked with Silver at liberty in a long time, but he remembered everything like we'd done it yesterday.  He sure looks good all muscled up and flying over fences with the dogs cheering him on.

 



I love this shot of his hind legs with the joints all bent, spring-loaded for air time.




Ferriana also enjoyed a little unstructured jumping time in the round pen.  She sure has hops.  It's always fun to do this and think back to just over a year ago when she was first learning how to jump and how to be a riding horse.  She sure has come a long way in a short period of time!






No comments:

Post a Comment