Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Monday, July 7, 2014

Movin' Right Along

This blog post is a nod to the muppets and some of their pertinent advice which I've taken to heart in recent weeks due to life circumstances...

"Movin' right along, footloose and fancy free, getting there is half the fun just leave it to me!" :  We sold our house and facility two Fridays ago.  We adore the people who bought it, and they kept M&M, the excellent mouser thank goodness.  M&M was really mad when I trapped her the night before moving day, and so I was very grateful that the buyers wanted to keep her in that building for mouse control.  It was exciting letting her loose, but only a water bowl spilled and I escaped unscathed as she tore out of the open cage, hissing and spitting at me.

The sellers of the property we were trying to purchase backed out on us at the last minute,

so we had to abort the mission and send six horses to my generous friends' barn in Wellington.   Garmin and Highboy are with me, Owen, and the small animals at another friends' place in Fort Collins.  It's complicated getting everyone taken care of for the time being, but I'm grateful to have all the help and support we do.  We're actively looking for a property that can accommodate 15-20 horses in a barn, loafing sheds, pastures, with an indoor arena and a house for the people to live in.  We're planning to stay in the Fort Collins/Wellington/Windsor area, but may consider other properties closer to Denver where I have groups of clients I visit monthly for riding instruction.  Hence my next muppet quote:  "I hope that somethin' better comes along..." 


I'm focusing on being present and just doing the next right thing, getting "from A to C" as my dressage themed bracelet states.  So when people ask me, "What's next?  What's your plan?"  I feel like this: 


I'm busy filling my mind and soul with gratitude for having a place to stay, friends to help us, and that we can eat regularly.  My animals are fed, too, and so we'll press on, hoping and believing that something better is coming. 




2 comments:

  1. Well, that DOES explain a lot! Selfishly I want you in the FC area and I just know that there is an better property waiting for you. After all the drama of selling and moving you and Owen deserve something extra fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim Owen and Critters,
    I can't wait to see the beauty of your new home together. And selfishly, I too like going north instead of Denver. However, Sadalia is a beautiful place for horses and humans.

    Wow, what good friends you have....may grace and joy fill your hearts. Carol

    ReplyDelete